With its mountain charm and seemingly endless recreational options, it’s no secret that Estes Park is a premier vacation spot. And even though some travelers may think of places like Vail or Breckenridge when it comes to Colorado cold-weather fun, there are many indoor and outdoor Estes Park winter activities to choose from. Whether or not you’re a snow enthusiast, you’ll find plenty of fun in our beloved alpine town. So to help give you some ideas on spending time here during the winter, Fall River Village Resort offers a few suggestions for everyone from foodies to adventurers.
Things to Do around Estes Park in Winter
From eating and shopping downtown to trekking the backcountry at Rocky Mountain National Park, the Estes Park area has much to offer. Here are ten of our favorite Estes Park winter activities.
- Snowshoe hiking is a must-do experience for winter sports enthusiasts in Estes Park. Although some corridors may be closed because of weather, many trails remain accessible. Just be sure to check the road conditions.
- Ice skating on Dream Lake is a nice addition to your Estes Park winter bucket list, but you’ll want to go with a partner! Handwarmers and a blanket are a good idea too.
- Backcountry skiing at Rocky Mountain National Park is the ultimate outdoor winter adventure for expert-level skiers. Colorado Mountain School can get you started.
- Sledding and tubing in The Hidden Valley will lead to countless memories for friends and family. We’ll even give you some directions.
- Indoor rock climbing is an excellent way to find adventure without messing around in the cold snow. Estes Park Mountain Shop has one of the best climbing gyms in the nation!
- Swimming in winter doesn’t have to be a “polar plunge” when you pay a visit to the Estes Valley Community Center! They also have a great gym if swimming isn’t your thing.
- Downtown Estes Park offers a casual segue to take in some fresh winter air while you enjoy shopping, restaurants, and art galleries. The best part is you can walk there from Fall River Village Resort!
- Tours at The Stanley Hotel are the best way to explore its longstanding history. Day and night tours are available, and there’s no waiting list!
- The Aspire Spa & Fitness Center offers a premier wellness experience to help you find balance on your getaway.
- Live music events and community festivals are a staple for any Estes Park vacation, and winter is no exception! Whether at The Stanley Hotel or nearby, you’re bound to find some top-tier entertainment!
Premier Estes Park Condos and Vacation Rentals
For additional options, check out our attractions page for more Estes Park winter activities. Now that you’re familiar with some things to do this winter, it’s time to plan your mountain getaway with Fall River Village Resort! But before you start making that itinerary, you’ll want to browse our collection of vacation rentals, condos, and townhomes! For more information, reach out online or call 970-325-6864 today!